Looking forward to presenting at…
ACFW/DFW Ready Writers on Saturday, June 8, 2019 in Arlington, TX
- TEN: Healthy Habits for Your Writing Life
WORDfestSW on Saturday, August 3, 2019 in Burleson, TX
- How to Bring Your Story to Life…Writing Sensory Detail
We all want our readers to feel like they are in our imaginary world with us. That’s accomplished through use of sensory details. Join Kathryn McClatchy as she teaches us about the human senses (some experts argue there are as many as twenty), and leads us through activities designed to improve our use of those senses in our writing. Come prepared to write!
Writers Inn Comfort… October 10, 2019 in Alvarado, TX
- Plans still in development
Bouchercon2019 on November 2, 2019 in Dallas, TX
- Lunchtime Breakout Session: “Writing About Disabilities and Service Dogs”
Writers Guild of Texas on Monday, November 18, 2019 in Richardson, TX
- How To Create The Best Organized Writing Life For You
Are you tired of wasting your precious writing time looking for your ideas or research that you knew you would remember; or worse, wrote down but can’t recall where? Could you have written that great American novel in the time you have wasted trying out every latest tool, system, and app recommended by the latest guru? You’re not alone!
Take advantage of Kathryn’s almost thirty years of organizing professionals, academics, students, and creatives, and figure out what tools and techniques you need to maximize your writing time and efficiency. (Hint–develop your own system based on your personality, strengths, and weaknesses, not based on what works for someone else.)
Come discover organizing for pantsers, plotters, and everyone in between.
And enjoyed presenting at some great events recently!
- Carrollton League of Writers on Thursday, May 9, 2019 in Carrollton TX
- Lake Granbury Youth Authority on Monday, March 11, 2019 in Granbury TX
- Granbury Writers’ Bloc on Monday, February 25, 2019 in Granbury TX
- Dallas Area Writers Group 7 pm, January 8, 2019 in Cedar Hill TX
- Marine Creek Creative Writing Conference at TCC NW campus, November 3, 2018 in Ft. Worth TX.
“Upsharing Your Instalikes: Mastering Social Media”
- WORDfest2.0 on March 24, 2018 at TCC NE campus in Hurst TX
- Session I: “Doing Research Right”
- Session II: Panel: “Writing Outside Your Identity” – tips for responsibly and realistically portraying other races, genders, abilities, & beliefs
- Session V: Panel: “Writing Sustainably” – living a balanced and healthy writer’s life – pursuing your dream while avoiding neglect and burnout