Looking forward to presenting at these upcoming events…
CLW Winter Retreat: Saturday, January 25, 2020 in Pottsboro TX
WORDfest: Saturday, March 21, 2020 in Hurst TX
ETWG Summer Conference: Saturday, July 18, 2020 in Tyler TX
…and enjoyed speaking at these great events recently!
Writers Guild of Texas on Monday, November 18, 2019 in Richardson, TX
- How To Create The Best Organized Writing Life For You
Bouchercon2019 on November 2, 2019 in Dallas, TX
- Panel: “Differently Abled is Still Abled”
- I was so honored to be asked to create this panel, and so thrilled that these amazing writers were willing to join me in talking about life with challenges, and how to write about characters living with disabilities.
(L to R. standing: Tex Thompson moderated, Kathryn McClatchy, Tosca Lee, Cathy Rueter. Seated: David Douglas, Katy Lee, Kelly Brakenhoff)
Carrollton League of Writers on Thursday, October 17, 2019 in Carrollton, TX
- “Healthy Habits for Your Writing Life”
Fledgling Full Nest 2019. Saturday, August 24, 2019 in Carrollton TX.
- “You’re Late! Start Building Your Author Platform Now”
WORDfestSW on Saturday, August 3, 2019 in Burleson, TX
- How to Bring Your Story to Life…Writing Sensory Detail
WORDworks on Sunday, July 14, 2019 in Arlington, TX.
Facilitated and taught two breakout sessions during this leadership meeting:
- Social Media and Promotions
- Membership management and communication
ACFW/DFW Ready Writers on Saturday, June 8, 2019 in Arlington, TX
- TEN: Healthy Habits for Your Writing Life
- Carrollton League of Writers on Thursday, May 9, 2019 in Carrollton TX
Lake Granbury Youth Authority on Monday, March 11, 2019 in Granbury TX
Granbury Writers’ Bloc on Monday, February 25, 2019 in Granbury TX
Dallas Area Writers Group 7 pm, January 8, 2019 in Cedar Hill TX
- Marine Creek Creative Writing Conference at TCC NW campus, November 3, 2018 in Ft. Worth TX.
“Upsharing Your Instalikes: Mastering Social Media”
- WORDfest2.0 on March 24, 2018 at TCC NE campus in Hurst TX
- Session I: “Doing Research Right”
- Session II: Panel: “Writing Outside Your Identity” – tips for responsibly and realistically portraying other races, genders, abilities, & beliefs
- Session V: Panel: “Writing Sustainably” – living a balanced and healthy writer’s life – pursuing your dream while avoiding neglect and burnout